Sunday, October 11, 2015
A500.9.4.RB - Course Reflections
This was my first graduate level class and I didn't know what to expect from it. I was a bit intimidated by some of the tools that we had to learn, specifically The Brain and I'm not sure exactly how to use the ePortfolio but I do see how each of those tools could be very helpful. The canvas format for the class was refreshingly simple to use and I really enjoyed the accompanying videos of TED lectures and the conspiracy theory web series. They were not only entertaining, but educational and memorable. The topics covered in this course went way beyond what I had imagined for critical thinking and research but it was awesome to dig that deep. This class was a great one to take first because of the introduction to so many great tools.
I should have been better with my time management. It is something I have struggled with...for always. Next semester, I'm going to set calendar reminders and tasks and stay on top of the assignments. I'm simply too old to pull an all-nighter when I procrastinate. Too. Old. Ha! I also missed out on some of the discussion board conversations because I posted later than recommended. I enjoy those boards because I end up learning something new or a new perspective on the week's topic. So, to improve my learning experience, I will be more disciplined.
Embry-Riddle and Prof. Watkins really did a stellar job with providing support this semester. I was in touch with my advisor and she go back to me super fast with responses and Prof. Watkins is compassionate and fair with her feedback - which was also given in a timely manner. That is very appreciated.
I start my next semester next weekend and will have a tough go of it until the end of the year but I will be able to confidently go into it with a plan and will have two semesters under my belt going into 2016. This is just the beginning!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment