A640.7.3.RB - How to Answer Case Study Questions
The approach I’ve been taking with the case studies is that
I’ll read them on Monday and let the studies and questions percolate for a few
days. I start writing and answering questions on Thursday and it takes me
several hours to research and put the paper together. I wait until Sunday to
submit the assignment just in case I come across something that might fit with
the case that I could add to enhance. This approach works most weeks but
sometimes I just don’t have a strong understanding of the study. One of the
elements I wish I had taken was a derivative of this: A week or two before the
case study, locate a practice test and run through it a few times on your own.
The more acquainted you are with the word arrangement of this type of test, the
more comfortable you will be during either a written or oral case study assessment.
(King, 2017) It’s similar to what I’ve been doing but the key phrase in that
element was to get acquainted with the word arrangement. This is excellent
advice that I will take and put in my toolbox for future studies.
I took on the case as a whole and only focused on answering
the assignment questions. I didn’t take a holistic approach and try to see the studies
from different angles or perspectives other than the ones given. Note word
arrangement, facts, figures or statistics in the text that will help come up
with a solution. Think of different ways that you can answer the case study
question and then determine the effects of each answer on your outcome. (King,
2017) King also talks about visualization which is a very essential analytic
tool.
I do think that the article had several valid points. We
only had the week to do our case studies and they were more analysis as opposed
to tests but the message reads true for both types of assignments. Do not skip,
skim or gloss over the content. Otherwise, vital information that you will need
to answer the question might be missed. (King, 2017) This is good advice for life in general!
References:
King, J. (2017). How to answer case study questions.
CareerTrend.com Retrieved from https://careertrend.com/how-8342765-answer-case-study-questions.html
Rowe, W. G., & Guerrero, L. (2013). Cases in leadership
(3rd ed.). Thousand Oaks, CA: SAGE Publications.
No comments:
Post a Comment